COVID-19 Guidance – Update 24th September 2020
Members please take a moment to read this:
As a result of the latest Government/LTA guidance and legal requirements relating to tennis activities, we are updating our policy
- The guidance for general club member tennis play, organised play, league matches and coaching on court remains the same as our previous advice
- To adhere to the Test and Trace Rules, the Club must retain or have access to contact details for all players (and staff) using the club’s facilities for 21 days. Hence all court play must be booked in advance using the FastCourts online booking system. If a member is bringing a guest, the member must retain the contact details of the guest.
- The club and its members must adhere to COVID-secure guidelines. The club has conducted a risk assessment for this purpose. Please observe all signage, social distancing and hygiene guidelines, especially if using the clubhouse.
- Players and spectators must not mingle in groups of more than six before and after tennis activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times. Discrete groups of six are allowed, but the groups must not inter-mingle.
- Face coverings should be worn inside the clubhouse. (Unless exempt from wearing masks due to medical reasons)
We respectfully request that club members adhere to the rules, which are designed to minimise the risk of SARS-Cov2 transmission, whilst allowing most tennis activities to continue.
As highlighted in the media, infringements of the rules could result in penalty charges for the club and/or its members.
Chalfont St Peter Tennis Club Committee