Dear Members and Parents,
The situation with Covid-19 is changing very rapidly, as is the advice from the LTA and Public Health England. At the current time, the club remains open, but with restrictions and strong advice on operations and behaviours.This policy may change at short notice, depending on advice from the LTA or the Government. We have also considered the advice being given by other tennis clubs to ensure alignment where possible.
Tennis at our club is an outdoor activity, and it should be possible to minimise the risks of transmission of the virus by observing the government guidelines of avoiding large gatherings.
- Therefore NO formally-organised club play until further notice, to include mixed roll-up’s on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturday, Men’s (Monday) & ladies (Tuesday) night, and large pre-organised sessions.However, the courts will remain accessible at these times and members can turn up and play at their own risk. The intention is to limit the numbers playing at any one time (see below) and to restrict gatherings within the clubhouse.
If you display these symptoms please DO NOT COME to the club and stay at home:
- Have a dry cough and/or a fever and shortness of breath
- If you have come into contact with anyone displaying these symptoms
- If anyone in your household is displaying these symptoms
- If you are in a ‘high-risk’ category as defined by the Government
You may wish to consider these options and make your own personal decisions:
- Prefer not to play if anyone in your household is ‘high-risk’
- The over 70’s should consider the strong advice from the Government on social distancing.
Arrival to the club, please can ALL members note:
* Wash hands as per Government advice on ARRIVAL to the club, and then again before leaving. Please use the paper hand towel dispensers and pedal bins to dispose of tissues
* No hand-to-hand contact between players and/or coaches (high fives, handshakes etc)
* Maintain a distance of 1 – 2 metres from other players
* Try to avoid touching your face with your hands whilst playing tennis
- Court 2 reserved for singles play. Courts 1,3 and back court for doubles play.
- No more than 14 people to play on the four courts.
- No more than 4 people to enter the clubhouse at any one time. Be sensible when using the toilets.
- Singles play is recommended where possible
- Please contact us asap if you become aware of any cases involving players, members or visitors to the club. We would then immediately contact all club members of the situation.
The LTA have suspended all LTA-sponsored activities, including matches, until at least 20thApril.
Coaching can continue for the time-being. Stephen is currently assessing the impact of Covid-19 on the coaching programmes. The Policy on numbers on court will be at the discretion of the coach. Parents who are watching their children play should also observe the rules on social distancing and access to the clubhouse.
Coaching times are:
The full Government advice can be found via this link:
Club Open Day– 26thApril:Postponed
Club social– 16th April: Postponed
VE Day Event– 8thMay: Cancelled
Wimbledon Draw– we are awaiting advice from the LTA
Club Tournament– the start of the tournament is likely to be delayed
The situation with Covid-19 is very serious, and our top consideration is the health and well-being of our members and their families and friends. We have a social responsibility to protect everyone as far as possible. If the above advice and recommendations are taken, outdoor tennis should be a relatively safe activity that will help in the physical and mental health of our members. Members should think very carefully as to whether they wish to play or not, and if they do wish to play, it will be at their own risk. As circumstances change, regular updates will be sent out. We appreciate your understanding and support in this matter.
Chalfont St Peter Tennis Club Committee