Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The club is following advice from the government NHS guidelines and also the LTA and has been advised there is presently no reason people should stop doing their daily sport and physical activities as they normally would. This applies to tennis, and so tennis activities in Britain can continue as normal. Should that position change or further advice and guidance be provided then this page will be updated.
If you are displaying any of the following symptoms we would ask you (as per the government guidelines) to not come to the club for 7 days and until at least 48 hours after symptoms disappear.
- High temperature
- New, continuous cough
Anyone who has been advised to self-isolate or stay at home based on the advice on the NHS.UK website should not come to the club during this time.
In addition, we would advise all members, guests and children to follow these measures:
- Frequent hand washing, particularly when arriving and leaving the club
- No person to person physical contact wherever possible
- No shaking of hands before or after matches
The NHS has issued guidance indicating that the best way of stopping the spread of the virus is to take basic hygiene precautions, including:
- When you cough or sneeze cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands). Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (20 seconds)
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Therefore please wash your hands more often than usual and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. See the posters up in the toilet areas for recommended ways of washing your hands. Or see the images in this post.
We can combat this if we all pull together and follow these simple measures. We hope you keep safe and virus free during this time.