Covid19 Update – Monday 21st December 2020
The latest guidance from the UK Government and the LTA indicates that under the new Tier 4 restrictions, outdoor tennis courts can open on the following basis:
- Singles play can take place between any two players
- Doubles play can only take place where all players are from the same household. Organised play is cancelled until further notice.
- All players must adhere to the strict guidance on social distancing and hygiene (see below). No socialising is permitted either before or after tennis
- The clubhouse is closed, with the specific exception for switching on/off the floodlights. The toilets are not to be used (awaiting confirmation from the government)
- Tennis balls will be stored in the brown storage box
- Junior coaching can continue; adult coaching on a 1:1 basis only
Members are advised to read the specific, detailed advice from the LTA.
NB – If you are showing any of the Covid19 symptoms, high temperature, loss of taste or smell and/or a persistent cough please stay at home and self isolate and alert any tennis members that you may have been in contact with asap.
Please adhere to the restrictions. The Police have already checked how the club is operating.
Many thanks for your co-operation.
CSP Tennis Club Committee